Class Acts Arts, Inc.
8720 Georgia Ave, Suite 303, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Class Acts Arts, Inc. is a non-profit arts outreach and presenting organization created in 1995 in response to a growing demand for high quality, culturally diverse and affordable arts programming in our schools and communities. With the goal of promoting the arts in their capacity to serve as educational and community building resources, Class Acts works with award-winning national touring artists, both locally based and traveling through, connecting artists of great distinction with local audiences. Last year Class Acts facilitated over 2,000 performances and workshops in the literary, visual and performing arts — reaching an estimated 400,000 children and teachers, adults, seniors, at-risk youth, and special needs populations in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Class Acts also provides career support services to artists, and presents several public performance series, introducing audiences of all ages to an inspiring range of cultural traditions and artistic disciplines.
Class Acts is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, the Maryland State Arts Council, the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County, the Gilbert and Jaylee Mead Family Foundation, the Prince Georges Arts Council, the Montgomery County Community Foundation, the Sunrise Foundation of the New York Community Trust, and by our business and individual contributors (see complete listing).
Nearby Restaurants & Dining:
- Gebeta Ethiopian Restaurant (160 feet E)
- Lotus Cafe (293 feet SE)
- Fire Station 1 (297 feet NE)
- Pacci's Neapolitan Pizza (315 feet NE)
- Jackie's Restaurant (316 feet E)
- Vicino Ristorante Italiano (444 feet E)
Nearby Shopping and Services:
- Silver Spring Urban District (229 feet N)
- Decade Hair Design (278 feet E)
- Quality Time Early Learning Center (279 feet NE)
Nearby VanGo Stops:
- VanGo: Georgia between Silver Spring & Sligo Aves (346 feet NE)
- VanGo: Georgia Ave between Thayer & Silver Spring (735 feet N)
Nearby Public Transportation:
- Greyhound lines Inc. (823 feet E)