Historic Silver Spring Fire Station
8131 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
CATEGORY: Historic Sites
The historic Silver Spring Fire Station was originally built as The Armory but when the new Armory was built in 1927 at the corner of Wayne Avenue and Pershing Drive, the building was occupied by the Silver Spring Fire Department.
The Silver Spring Fire Station #1 has moved to the new fire station building across Georgia Avenue next to the historic Silver Spring B&O Train Station.
Hook and Ladder Brewing Company, headquartered in downtown Silver Spring is working to covert the Historic Silver Spring Fire Station into a brew-pub. Recently Hook and Ladder won the Second Annual Beer Madness Tournament sponsored by the Washington Post. Silver Spring is looking forward to opening day this fall and the preservation of an historic Silver Spring landmark by putting it to good use.
Nearby Restaurants & Dining:
- Pacci's Neapolitan Pizza (191 feet SW)
- Lizbeth's Cafe (218 feet NW)
- Golden House (243 feet NW)
- Fire Station 1 (253 feet S)
- Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant (340 feet N)
- Zed's Office Cafe (358 feet N)
Nearby Shopping and Services:
Nearby Arts & Entertainment:
Nearby VanGo Stops:
- VanGo: Georgia between Silver Spring & Sligo Aves (164 feet SW)
- VanGo: Georgia Ave between Thayer & Silver Spring (307 feet NW)
Nearby Public Transportation:
- Greyhound lines Inc. (691 feet SE)