Silver Spring Events

Police 3rd District Station

801 Sligo Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Telephone: (301) 565-7744

visit website

CATEGORY: Public Buildings and Community Services

In 1927, only five years after the establishment of the Montgomery County Police Department legislation authorized the establishment of a substation in Silver Spring. The Silver Spring District Station, completed in 1928, was commanded by a sergeant and manned by at least one officer at all times.

While the Silver Spring station was being built, the sergeant and four privates used a small rented rear office of a building next to the future location of the Tastee Diner. The original Silver Spring station was used for 34 years until the present station on Sligo Avenue was built in 1962.

Nearby Restaurants & Dining:

Nearby Shopping and Services:

Nearby Arts & Entertainment:

Nearby Parking:

Nearby VanGo Stops:

Nearby Public Transportation: