8210 Colonial Ln, Silver Spring, MD 20910
CATEGORY: Homeless Services
Progress Place is a facility owned by Montgomery County which has two primary programs, Shepherd's Table and Community Vision, offering services to the homeless in the Silver Spring area.
Services Offered at Shepherd's Table
Dinner served every evening from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Clothes Closet
Each Wednesdays from 10:00am to 12 noon.
- Eye Clinic
Tuesdays 10am-2pm by referral
Community Vision is a program that began in 1995. Community Ministry of Montgomery County took over management of the program on July 1st, 2004. Community Vision provides daily services critical to the safety and well being of homeless men and women in Montgomery County. Community Vision is designed to provide support, advocacy, education and training for the homeless in Montgomery County; with the goal of empowering clients to obtain independence and self- sufficiency.
- Work Readiness
- Self-Defeating Behavior
- Men’s & Women’s
- Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill “ In our own voice” Program
- Health Education Work Units
- Food Service Program
- Computer Training
- Vocational Counseling
- Resources for the Homeless:
- Emergency Overflow Services
- Resources for Food, Shelter, Medical, Entitlements and financial Assistance
- Showers, laundry, breakfast, Lunch & Telephone Services