iCan Shine Bike Camp for Individuals with Disabilities
Thanks to Takoma Park Safe Routes to School, iCan Shine’s iCan Bike program will be coming to Takoma Park to teach individuals with disabilities how to ride a conventional bike and become a lifelong independent rider! Check out a video here. Cost of the camp is $100.00. Please make the check out to City of Takoma Park.
When and Where: July 5-10, 2015, Takoma Academy, 8120 Carroll Avenue, Takoma Park, MD.
• be at least 8 years old by start of camp and have an intellectual or physical disability
• be able to walk without an assistive device and sidestep to both sides
• attend the same 75-minute session each day of the 5-day camp
• be under 220 lbs. and have a minimum inseam measurement of 20”
• be at least 16 years old (unless accompanied by an adult)
• be able to attend 90 minutes at the same time each of the 5 days of camp (15 minutes of training/daily debriefing, 75 minute session)
• be able to provide physical, emotional and motivational support to assigned rider
• be able and willing to get some exercise (light jogging/running) for a great cause!
Those interested in registering for this great program as a rider or volunteer should e-mail email@example.com.