Directions to Downtown Silver Spring
Driving From Downtown Washington
- Proceed North on 16th street towards Maryland.
- Merge right onto Alaska Avenue immediately after Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
- Turn left onto Georgia Avenue (MD-97 N) and proceed North
- Proceed North on Georgia Avenue for approximately 1.5 miles to the center of downtown Silver Spring.
Driving From the Beltway (I-495) from the West
- Take Georgia Avenue (MD-97 S) exit (Exit 31B S) towards Silver Spring.
- Proceed South on Georgia Avenue for approximately 1.5 miles to the center of downtown Silver Spring.
Driving From the Beltway (I-495) from the East
- Take Colesville Road (US 29) exit (Exit 30) towards Silver Spring.
- Proceed South on Colesville Road for approximately 1.5 miles to the center of downtown Silver Spring.
Getting Around Downtown
Free Shuttle Operates Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.and Friday & Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. For location of stops and route map click here.
By Bus or Metro
Metro's Red Line Station in Silver Spring.
By Ride -On-Bus
The Silver Spring station is served by Ride-On routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 28.
The Silver Spring station is served by Metrobus routes 70, 71, J5, F4, F6, JHI, J2, J3, J4, Q2, S2, S4, Y8, Z5.
Parking in Downtown Silver Spring
Downtown Silver Spring offers plenty of parking in public parking garages lots throughout downtown. The public garages offer free parking on evenings and weekends and County holidays. For parking information and locations, click here.